Skip to main content

Makin' Noise

Derek forgot his phone at his practice space last night, so we drove down to grab it before we had a picnic lunch today. The guys moved into a new, larger studio room a few months ago, so I wanted to check out the new digs. The kids have also never been there before...

"The space" is located in a sketchy part of Brockton, but it's pretty harmless in the light of day. The new room even has a private entrance.


Here's a video of them initially checking out the drums and microphone.



And another video once Zoe got more comfortable with the microphone.




They had SO MUCH FUN!!! I think we'll definitely be going back to make some noise soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silas' Blog

Well it's been a busy 3 years since I last posted! Stay tuned as we may have more posts coming now that it looks like I have a new contributor... Silas recently read a book called "Starting Your Own Blog", and now he is bound and determined for us to let him start his own blog! We convinced him that he should start out by drafting content and a posting calendar. We made templates this morning and he wrote his first "post" today!

Today

Today I went to a yoga class for the first time in far too many years. It felt wonderful and pushed me out of my comfort zone. I can't wait to go back! Today Derek gave Silas his traditional mid-summer haircut. Today the weather was perfect and we enjoyed bike rides (them) / a walk (me) in the park after lunch. Today Zoe chased the cats until they succumbed to her love and adoration. Today I put the garbage on the curb for weekly pickup and realized that we didn't have any! We recycle and compost far more than we throw away. I am grateful to be able to teach Zoe & Silas these habits. Empty trash barrel Countertop compost bin  Backyard compost bin that we bought at Town Hall Food compost, including the hair from Silas' haircut today! Today I checked on the rooftop vegetable patio garden - it's doing great! Today we went school supply shopping so that I can enjoy the last month of summer without worrying abou...

Curried Chickpeas and Cauliflower

I made this for dinner tonight after returning later than expected from a fun afternoon at the park. I love it because a) it can be ready in 30 minutes, b) it is made with pantry ingredients, and c) it is full of bold flavors, which Silas in particular loves! Curried Chickpeas and Cauliflower Adapted from Budget Bytes 2   Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil 1/2  head cauliflower, chopped into florets 1  med yellow onion (or frozen chopped onion, which is one of my favorite shortcuts) 2  cloves garlic (or pre-minced garlic, another go-to shortcut) 1  Tbsp curry powder 1/2  tsp cumin seeds 1  (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1  (8 oz.) can "no-salt added" tomato sauce 1 (14.5 oz.) Ro-tel tomatoes with mild green chiles 1  cup water Handful of frozen peas, optional Chopped cilantro or parsley to garnish, optional Salt, as needed Jasmine rice 1. While prepping other ingredients, get the jasmine rice cooking in rice co...